Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Amazing Grace!

We got some more great news tonight! The doctor came by this evening and said that Ryan is doing so well they will let him go home this Thursday or Friday! He said that Ryan needs to be up and walking the next couple of days, but should definitely be ready to get home soon. How exciting! We are both ready for our own bed--it feels like we've been here a lot longer than just two nights.
Here's a quick update on Gabe, too...He is having a blast! He loves having his grandmas here to give him so much attention. He and Grandpa George and I played out on the playground for awhile this afternoon. He loves the swing and slide and just running around with anyone who will run with him. He is such a great kid! He adapts very easily to whatever new place he is in or new person is around. He loves to sing and really loves to dance. He is so much fun!
Ok, Ryan is ready to take a walk around the floor so I will close this for now. Good night!

8 comments:

jagofap said...

Thank you for all of the updates! I love the pictures as well. All of you are in my heart daily. Stay strong and keep your heads up...
With Love,
Cousin Joey

copperjester said...

Hi Ryan, Leigh & Gabe,
Tori sent me the link to the blog today, it's a great way to keep up with your life, as Tori & I seem to play phone tag more often than we talk.

Glad all went well with the surgery and that the more difficult tumor is gone. Continued prayers (as always) for a speedy return home and everything back to normal....

Peace in Christ, A.J. (yes, the one that moved to CA!)

copperjester said...

Hi Ryan, Leigh & Gabe,
Tori sent me the link to the blog today, it's a great way to keep up with your life, as Tori & I seem to play phone tag more often than we talk.

Glad all went well with the surgery and that the more difficult tumor is gone. Continued prayers (as always) for a speedy return home and everything back to normal....

Peace in Christ, A.J. (yes, the one that moved to CA!)

Susan Johnson said...

Hi Ryan, Leigh & Gabe,
This is your mother's friend from TX, Leigh. I am sooo thankful to hear how well the surgery went and the tumor they were able to take out. Your writing on this is a testament to God's love & faithfulness. May God pour out HIS blessings on your family and give Ryan the speediest recovery ever, with complete healing & health.
IN HIM
Susan Johnson

Donovan said...

Leigh...great news always good to hear...can't wait till you'all are back in Gods country...I think the kids are planning play dates with Gabe to give you and Ryan some rest when you get back...Lots of love

Mom and Dad said...

Hello Lester family,

Glad to hear that Ryan is doing well! Leigh, thank you for us updated. Continued Best Wishes and prayers.

Love,
Gary and Joyce

Unknown said...

You guys know I'm an emotional person and I've been crying alot this week with all of the good news about my dear Nephew. I can't tell you how happy I am for you all. Appreciate the updates (even though they make me cry... with joy!!!) Hope to stop by and see you before u head back home. Lots of love Aunt Theresa

Dee Dee said...

We are so glad to hear that Ryan is doing so good...God is so awesome! I love the blog too...gives me a good idea to keep friends and family up to date while living away.

If you guys need anything PLEASE let us know!

Blessings!
Josh, Dee Dee & Jake