Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Delayed...

Sorry I'm getting this posted so late, but we just got back to Ryan's hospital room and have had a busy night. Ryan's surgery is cancelled for now. Right after the last post, we headed out for dinner, and just as we were getting back, we got the results from his CT scan. There is something going on in his lungs...they are calling it pneumonia just so they can get treatment started for him, but we'll know more tomorrow what it really is. It could just be a common cold. Once they check it out, they will tell us what the course of treating it will be and then reschedule the surgery. It could be a week, maybe even a few weeks. Hard to say at this point, but I will let you know tomorrow.
Ryan is relieved, because he has been feeling kind of crummy the last couple of days. He automatically attributes everything to VHL because that is what he deals with all the time, but they just took his vitals and he has a little bit of a fever. Hopefully he can kick this quickly! God has a plan...Please pray for health for all of us and continued peace as we wait this out.

4 comments:

Tom & Elsie Reese said...

Hi folks. We know you are facing a frustrating and difficult time. We encourage you to continue holding onto the hand of the One who won't let you go. We are praying to Jehovah Rapha (The Lord Who Healeth).

Remember Isaiah 45:6-7

We love you all.

Missy Sowers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy Sowers said...

Hi guys,
Just want to let you know our thoughts and prayers are with you. I know sometimes to us it seems He has a funny way of showing it, but I think he has a huge plan in store for you. I just want to share a scripture that I came across a few months back: Acts 3:16 By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see.

Love you guys,
Missy and Pat

Anonymous said...

Wow, a lot has happened in such a short time! I am relieved for you that the surgery has been put off until Ryan can be completely healthy and ready for it. I have been thinking about you guys a ton!! I miss my running buddy :) Love you guys!